We believe that theology should be rooted in the Bible, especially the New Testament. We see a reliable theology articulated by Irenaeus, Athanasius, Gregory Nazianzus, and more recently, Karl Barth, Thomas F. Torrance, and many others. This theology is often referred to as Trinitarian Theology due to its emphasis on the relational nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Our teachings include:
- The Father, Son, and Spirit are one God, united in love for one another.
- Jesus Christ, as the Word made flesh, is fully God and fully human.
- Jesus accurately reveals the goodness and love of God, and reveals humanity as God intended us to be.
- As our Creator, Jesus represented all humanity, and all people benefit from his vicarious humanity: his life, death, resurrection and ascension.
Jesus Christ atoned for all sin and suffered its full consequence.
- God has in Christ reconciled all humanity to himself through his son, Jesus (Colossians 1:20). (However, universal atonement should not be equated with universalism.)
- The judgment of God against evil has been executed in Jesus Christ so that all might repent and receive forgiveness and, through the Holy Spirit, share in Christ’s resurrected, eternal life.
- People are exhorted to respond to this reconciliation and participate in the life for which we were all created.
- Jesus, as the nexus of divinity and humanity, has enabled humanity to participate in the life and love of the Trinity, which was God’s intent from before the beginning of time.
Our Mission is to Love and Know Jesus, and to Know Who Everyone is in Him, as the Father’s Adopted Children who Understand, Embrace, Enjoy, and Freely Share this Good News with the World, in the Spirit’s Multiplying Grace!- Beginning With the People We’re Closest To.
The church seeks to fulfill this mission by:
Building healthy, Christ-centered congregations that are sanctuaries of worship, friendship, and nurturing pastoral care.Providing sound biblical teaching
Through congregations, media and personal outreach in relevant, meaningful forms for people of diverse backgrounds and ages.Expressing the love of God
To all through the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.Equipping people for Christian service
So that the gospel can be known, understood and experienced.Sharing in the work of the gospel With the broader Christian community,
Acknowledging that we can learn from one another and Christ’s love goes beyond denominational boundaries.
Our Disciple-Making Strategy
To Worship God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and Witness to Others About Him in Words and Deeds
The Nicene Creed We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary,
and was made man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures;
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father through the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified.
He has spoken through the Prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Summary of our Biblical Faith
- God, Who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit, is Love; and God Loves You.
- The Father made plans to include you in his Love and Life forever, through Jesus, and in the Spirit.
- The Son, Jesus, Accomplished the Father’s Plan 2000 years ago, and IN HIM our human nature is Forgiven and Included in His Relationship with His Father.
- The Holy Spirit invites You to Believe this Good News; and in Believing, to Enjoy and Freely Share it with others as the Adopted Child the Father Always Wanted!
We believe in the Triune God, Father, Son and Spirit, and that this Triune God created, reconciled and em-braced the world in Jesus Christ, as it was eternally purposed.
We believe Jesus Christ is the Father’s eternal Son, our Lord and Savior, who became human and now lives forever as the incarnate Son in relationship with His Father in the Spirit.
We believe Jesus Christ is the vicarious man, in whom the Triune God, the human race and the cosmos are not separated but bound together in relationship. Through his incarnate life, death, resurrection and ascension he gathered humanity in himself, reconciled us and included us in the Trinitarian life of God.
We believe the Holy Spirit is fully divine, equal to the Father and Son and that His passion is communion. We believe he was sent by the Father and Son to reveal the truth to us until we are set free from all forms of darkness. We believe the Church is called to participate in the Holy Spirit’s mission of revelation and healing, until the Son’s communion with his Father fills the earth as the waters cover the seas.
We believe that Jesus “is the Savior of the World, especially of those who believe” – 1 Tim 2:9-10
We Share these Beliefs with a Growing number of People in Many other Nations, Cultures and Denominations.